Phase 1 |
Phase 2 |
Phase 3 |
Phase 4 |
Phase 5 |
The following are the main principles to keep in mind with respect to the SEAN process:
- Identify the existing plans or planning process/es to be improved, avoid parallel processes and ensure continuity.
- Clearly define and agree on the general purpose, the scope and the context of the assessment / planning process (to be strengthened).
- Ensure clear ownership based on motivated demand.
- Stimulate local funding or co-funding arrangements.
- Involve multiple sectors and disciplines from different levels.
- Ensure equitable participation, including affected communities and sectors.
- Improve access to and efficient use of different information sources.
- Ensure independence and objectivity.
- Adopt transparent and equitable working modalities.
- Inform and influence decision-makers during the process, have a communication strategy.