Critical success factors |
Time and Money |
Sean Light |
The potential users of SEAN are planners and decision makers with a relatively high level of expertise, within Governmental or non-governmental organisations, projects or donor agencies. SEAN is also a suitable tool for capacity building and awareness raising, due its transparent, practical and participatory character.
The following are some potential types of SEAN applications.
- Local, regional or national area-based environmental or integrated planning.
- Integrated planning of ecological units, such as watersheds or buffer zones.
- Sector-based integrated planning (e.g. cotton sector, forestry sector).
- Strategic planning for Governmental or non-Government organisations.
- Strategic environmental or integrated / sustainability assessment, for instance of trade policies.
- Stakeholder mapping and development of strategic partnerships.
- Integrated Conservation and Development Projects (ICDP's).
Experience has shown that SEAN is most successfully applied when based on a clear local demand. Other critical success factors can be found under the heading of 'critical success factors'.
Other important information in order to get started are the time and budget required and frequently asked questions.
Normal application would be the SEAN method using the 10 steps and 5 phases. However, a SEAN light approach is also available to be used in specific circumstances. Challenges are given for experienced users interested in further development of the method. These subjects can all be found by clicking on the headings above.
For more detailed information to help you get started, contact us or any practitioners listed on this web-site.